Last update: June 1st, 2023
Thank you for visiting this website. Ensuring personal data protection and security for our customers and users is a top priority for us. We thus comply with applicable data protection law provisions, notably the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”.
This policy outlines the way in which the following companies (“RIMOWA” or “we” or “us”), process the personal data which concerns you in its capacity as data controller for the purposes of applicable data protection laws and regulations:
- RIMOWA GmbH, having its registered office at Richard-Byrd-Strasse 13, 50829 Cologne, Germany,
- RIMOWA International SAS, having its registered office at 24-32 rue Jean Goujon, 75008 Paris, France.
If you have any questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by RIMOWA, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. DATA PROCESSING CONDITIONS
This website allows us to collect and process your personal data, such as your IP address and connection logs, for technical maintenance purposes, based on our legitimate interest.
In addition, we – like many other renowned companies – use “cookies’’. Cookies are small text files that are sent when visiting an internet page and are stored in a user’s browser. In case said Internet page is accessed once again, the user’s browser sends back the content of the cookies and, thus, allows for the recognition of the user.
2. THE TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE, THEIR PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
The placement of certain cookies on your device requires that you give your prior consent. Thus, as soon as you arrive on our website, an information banner indicates that we are using this technology and that by clicking on “Accept”, you agree to the placement of these cookies on your device.
Cookies used on our Website may be set either by the Website (“first party cookies”) or by third party websites who run content on the website you are looking at (“third party cookies”).
You can modify your cookies settings and revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by clicking on the following link:
If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or services on this website. RIMOWA declines all responsibility for the degraded functioning of the Website resulting from your choice of rejecting the cookies necessary for the functioning of the Website.
3. STORAGE PERIODS
The various cookies used by us have different storage periods, at the end of which your data will no longer be stored.
However, cookies implemented on this website shall be kept in accordance with applicable laws and regulations for a period of time that does not exceed thirteen (13) months. This deadline will not be extended by additional visits.
4. PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
Your Personal Data will be processed by RIMOWA and may be accessed and processed by the different RIMOWA entities.
We also use service providers, in observance of the statutory requirements, by means of data processor relationships, i.e. processing is performed on the basis of a respective contract, for our account, according to our directions and subject to our control.
Data processors are, in particular:
- providers of statistical analysis solution for cookies and trackers
- technical service providers whose services we retain for the provision of this website.
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA ABROAD
Since RIMOWA has subsidiaries, branches and affiliates located abroad and works with data processors located abroad, the recipients of your Personal Data may also be located abroad, including outside the European Economic Area (referred to hereinafter as the “EEA”) in countries/regions where RIMOWA runs its activities.
Any transfer of Personal Data outside the EEA, notably to a state for which no adequacy decision has been reached by the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR (including, but not limited to: the United States, Australia, China, Singapore, South Korea and United Arab Emirates) will be governed by appropriate guarantees, notably contractual, in accordance with the regulations applying to the protection of Personal Data, such as standard data protection clauses under Article 46 (2) of the GDPR.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- Withdrawal of consent: you can withdraw at any time your consent in respect of any processing of Personal Data based on your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried-out before the withdrawal of said consent.
- Access: you can ask us to confirm whether we process your Personal Data and, as the case may be, inform you of the characteristics of such processing. You can also ask us to allow you to access such data and give you a copy of it (Art. 15 GDPR).
- Rectification: you can ask us to rectify or complete inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- Erasure: you can ask us to erase your Personal Data in the following cases: where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; where you have withdrawn your consent; where you have objected to the processing of your Personal Data; where your Personal Data has been processed unlawfully; or to comply with a legal obligation. We are not required to comply with your request in certain cases, notably if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 17 GDPR).
- Restriction: you can ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data (i.e., keep but not use your Personal Data) where: the accuracy of your Personal Data is contested; the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; it is still necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or to verify the existence of overriding grounds following the exercise of your right of objection. We can continue to use your Personal Data following a request for restriction, where: we have your consent; to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person (Art. 18 GDPR).
- Portability: you can ask us to provide your Personal Data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ‘ported’ directly to another data controller, but only where the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means (Art. 20 GDPR).
- Digital legacy: if you are a French National, you have the right to define (general or specific) directives regarding the fate of your Personal Data after your death.
You also have the right to object:
- for reasons relating to your particular situation, to processing operations based on RIMOWA’s legitimate interest. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 21 (1) GDPR).
- to processing for the purpose of sales prospecting. As such, you may at any time request to no longer receive communications regarding our offers, products, news and events by using the unsubscribe link provided for this purpose in each email we send you (Art. 21 (2) GDPR).
These rights may be exercised at any time by contacting RIMOWA’s Data Protection Officer at the following email address: email@example.com.
You also have the right to contact any competent supervisory authority, such as the one in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR with any claims concerning the way in which RIMOWA collects and processes your Personal Data.
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY